Monday 18 April 2011

I may sound like a right moaner but.....

I know competition is healthy......

I know we desperately need more shops in town......

I know that we need "multinational" shops......

So why am I not pleased that Specsavers is coming to Caernarfon?

Because I, like many others will no doubt defect to them because they are cheaper. (should have gone to specsavers).

So what will become of our three existing opticians? Namely Petter Harrop, Rayners and Pepper's..... I wish we could do something to attract different kinds of shops to town and have a good variety of goods on offer.

A town of this size already has enough opticians to meet our needs, having a larger shop of this nature will mean the others will struggle. (The cake being the same size, but the slices getting smaller)

Same happened to Taxi firms, same happened to driving schools and the same happened to cafe bars. When will we ever get the balance right?

No comments: